Saturday, August 20, 2005

In Montreal

I am writing from Montreal now..

I arrived yesterday. The journey was long, 6 hrs from Jeddah to London, 4 hrs transit in London- Heathrow, and about 7 hrs London to Montrأ©al. Had many naps in AirCanada flight (London-Montreal) to shorten the feeling of the long trip but it didnt work! I arrived there at 12:30pm Montreal time (about 7:30 pm Saudi time)

The time took me to get my Study Permit, baggage and get out from the airport was short.

Then I took a taxi and reached the Double R&T family house about 2:00pm (btw, Double RT your house is really beautiful ma sha allah). I ll be staying at them now until I find a suitable accommodation. I am not sure whether I should take a studio (1 room with kitchen and bathroom) or a bigger apartment and share it with someone.

Then my friend KSY came over and we went to meet another KFUPMian graduate (NA) who is studying at McGill. They claim that the three of us are the only students from KFUPM who are studying at McGill. The other KFUPM graduates don’t get accepted here and go to Concordia or Waterloo!!

I ll have to go now. I am going to the mall with Rn&T and the Rn Parents.

No comments: